Life is filled with unexpected twists and turns. Navigating these times can be tough. In this post I share 5 truths that you should keep handy to help you get through anything that life puts in front of you!
1. There is never anything new that happens - the experience we are in may be new to us, but that does not mean it’s the first time it’s ever happened.
2. Wisdom and experience are always the best guides in challenging times, not opinions and gossip. When challenges happen, immediately seek out someone who has been there before and follow their lead. Teens, this means mom and dad and other adults. Adults, this means other adults and leaders. Don’t be stubborn. Seek counsel and guidance. Choose wisely.
3. While you may think your situation is bad, there is always someone who has it worse. Always. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and worrying and immediately look for someone who needs the help and support you can give them. You will find others - and someone will find you. Everyone is cared for this way.
4. Perspective is everything. If things look bad from where you are standing then move to a different angle and take another look. You can’t have the full picture unless you get all the way around a challenge from every direction and every elevation. Don’t ever make decisions to act or allow yourself to settle into emotions until you get the full picture.
5. Our first reaction to any challenge is always based on our prior preparation and experience. If you’re feeling panicked it’s because you have not been through that situation before. But the guy that has been there already is much calmer. Find out what he knows so you can adopt a calmer and more productive mindset.
No matter what you're facing, take a breath and remember that someone, somewhere, has been through the same thing and can guide you through. We're never given more than we can handle - yet we were not meant to handle everything alone. Let's stick together and we'll get through!
Hi, I'm Rob Pierson, and I help coaches like you take their passion and knowledge of their sport and learn how to think and act like an entrepreneur to build a thriving and profitable brand. Your goals are my mission. If this post impacted you, please share it with a friend. If we have not yet met, let's make that happen. Book a time on my calendar for a FREE consultation! You can accomplish your goals. I'll help you! Talk to you soon! - Rob
Welcome! I'm Rob Pierson. I'm a coach and entrepreneur and my mission is to provide resources, connections and coaching to help you maximize your impact as a COACH and LEADER! So glad we're connecting. I'm always adding content here, so check back often!